See how you're making a positive difference.See Your Impact
Koéna is Proud to Announce its Partnership with the Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA) as a Gold Level Corporate Sponsor
The XCuro Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation with a passion to reduce the burden associated with inflammatory skin disease and improve the quality of life of those affected. The XCuro Foundation was established by two Australian businesses who share strong philanthropic values who saw an opportunity to make a positive impact on the community by aligning their complementary areas of expertise within the scientific and healthcare fields. The creation of the XCuro Foundation led to the development of Koéna; a social enterprise offering a range of innovative premium healthcare products that have the ability to impact communities locally and, through profit sharing, also drive a global impact.
Profit from the sale of Koéna branded products will be allocated to the Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA) to help fund the pivotal work they do in driving change and community support to eczema sufferers. As a gold level supporter, we value and appreciate the amazing education, awareness and support services provided by the EAA to the wider community. More information about EAA’s impact is below, but we also encourage you to visit the EAA website and social channels to follow the great work they do for our communities.
EAA, Its History and Impact
The EAA was founded in January 1994 with the mission of bringing community support, awareness and mass advocacy to the management and treatment of Eczema. Highly regarded within Australian healthcare, the EAA provides knowledge depositories and community forums dedicated to the wide range of issues associated with the management, treatment and impact of Eczema. Supporting and Educating Eczema sufferers and carers, the Eczema Association of Australasia is a national non-profit organization that relies on donations to continue its impact. The EAA:
- Is a registered charity in Australia.
- Is an incorporated body that has Public Benevolent Status.
- Has a Medical Advisory Board and international links to related organisations.
- Has strong working relationships with Australian and International Dermatologists; Natural Therapists; Medical Practitioners; Pharmaceutical Companies; Political Representatives from various parties, and many other companies who manufacture products which may be beneficial to eczema sufferers.
In addition to providing support and education to eczema sufferers, their carers and the wider community, the EAA also aims to;
- Greatly increase public awareness of eczema.
- Ensure the improved treatment of sufferers and carers in public situations.
- Improve and broaden the availability of medical treatments and supplies for eczema sufferers.
- Maintain links with Medical Professionals to ensure a continuance of up-to-date information.
- Conduct specialised research into the causes and effects of eczema.
The EAA provide members with a wide range of benefits including;
- Eczema Quarterly – a newsletter with tips, information, member letters and details of the latest products on the market.
- Optional social register for members to contact others on the register.
- Educational resources such as information sheets covering a wide range of eczema-related topics.
- Help and information from Dermatologists and Natural Therapists via the EAA
- Free product samples that may assist with eczema
- A friendly and compassionate forum to discuss eczema conditions, its difficulties and associated impacts with passionate EAA staff members
Additional Information? There are several ways you can find out more information or get in touch with the Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA).